Luxury eco-home: ‘Hunters Hill’
Surrey Hills, Surrey.
A contemporary designed luxury eco-home nestled within two acres of the English countryside in Surrey.
This breathtaking luxury eco-home lies in a quaint village, within the Surrey Hills Green Belt, near Guildford. Formerly, the plot contained a two-storey detached dwelling and several large farmed outbuildings. Our clients challenged TSBP Architecture to replace the existing home with a luxury eco low energy detached home. In addition to this, the home needed to achieve an Energy ‘A’ Rating status.
A Luxury Eco-Home
It was vital to our client that the house possessed a strong architecture design, yet also sympathetic to its surroundings. Given the impressive 5200 sq ft gross floor area, we are proud of the minimum visual impact we accomplished.
Our project achieved the desired goal of creating a contemporary designed luxury eco low energy home that was an example of modern architecture and build. Due to its versatile layout, the house captures natural light from all angles with stunning exterior and interior features to delight any end users. The luxury specification includes a Poggenpohl kitchen, Philippe Stark bathrooms and a bespoke atrium art installation by the renowned 3D Artist Lisa Traxler.
The design united the inside and outside spaces by creating an ‘upside down’ house with spacious and luxurious living spaces. Owing to this, the upper level allows you to take in views of the Surrey Hills stunning backdrop scenery.
Using Renewable Energy
To achieve our client’s objectives of an ‘eco’ home status. The house was constructed using innovative modern construction methods and elements. Namely, Insulated Concrete Formwork (ICF) walls on an insulated raft foundation as part of a ‘Fabric First’ approach to construction.
Our cutting edge approach detailed –
- Using the very best in renewable energy technologies, and
- Creating high levels of insulation and air-tightness.
As a result, achieved exceptional levels of energy efficiency and extremely low CO2 emissions. Accordingly, the house achieved an ‘A’ rating on its Energy Performance Certificate. Also, as a bonus, the home features a stunning outdoor swimming pool heated by its renewable energy sources.
With our leading eco house designs fused with the latest and very best in renewable energy technology achieved great results. For this reason, around 80% of the home heating, hot water and cooling demands are generated for free. Not only that, but our client has the ultimate in a high standard of comfort and flexible indoor living conditions. Coupled with the added benefit of very low running costs and all fully controlled by its Loxone Smart Home system.
To learn more about our eco low energy house designs or how we can help you with a future project, visit our contact us page.
- Contemporary-Eco-Luxury-Planning-Building Regulations-Recently Completed-Working Drawings.
- Surrey Hills, Surrey. UK.
- Site is located in the Green Belt outside of any identified settlement. It is within the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and an Area of Great Landscape Value (AGLV).
- Leathwaite (Hunters Hill)
- Evening Standard New Homes Awards 2020
- - Winner of Best Boutique Development,
- - Winner of Eco Living Award.
- Two 70metre geo-thermal boreholes, two Ground Source Heat Pumps and thermal store, a Mechanical Ventilation and Heat Recovery System with integrated Be-Hive Ground (Renewable Fusion Solution) Intelligent Ventilation equipment and heat exchanger, Solar PV, Tesla Energy Powerwall Home Battery and Loxone Smart Home Automation System.
- TSBP Architecture